View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 10:14 AM   #13
Turbojugend
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA: Ultimate Team Chemistry Glitch Reveals Mode Could be Broken

I play FUT offline casually, but have never spent an actual dime and never will. Honestly, I don't blame EA for turning UT into a half-a-billion dollar industry, I blame those with a serious lack of impulse control who think that dropping several thousand dollars on virtual playing cards with an annual expiration date is acceptable (the cards don't actually expire but are basically worthless once the next version of FIFA is released). And you can't tell me all of these UT players have wads of disposable income, I've talked to many who admit they haven't but are hooked anyway.

I don't think anyone envisioned this scenario when UT launched, I certainly didn't. Impulse gaming and the point-and-click market have created a UT monster and I'm sure EA are only to glad to stoke the fires and reap the benefits.

Anyway, the chemistry aspect is sort of a fun "game within the game", as the premise is to build an "ultimate team" and team chemistry goes a long way towards that. But to me FIFA is just a video game, if chemistry is broke then fix it. Beyond the initial game cost, I have no investment.