View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 07:57 AM   #12
Sneaky Deaky
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Active Intelligence System in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Well, I hope the CPU is actually putting some thought into their approach rather than just charging forward. I never felt that the CPU held the ball too much. I don't know where they are getting this from.
Don't take this as a personal attack, I don't know you from Adam, but I just can't understand at all where you are coming from with a comment like that.

I play 3 or 4 30 minute games a night, and have for the past 6 or 7 months. I've played with god knows how many slider sets, finally settling on Matt's favourite settings. I'm in my 9th season as Arsenal, so I must have played way over 400 games now.

Now with that out of the way, how can you possibly say the A.I doesn't hog the ball!? It's been one of the most repeated complaints from many, many posters on at least 3 different boards I lurk, for the last 3 games now!

The A.I constantly gets a 89-95% pass accuracy irregardless of the passing ability of the players in the team. A third division team will play exactly the same as Bayern most of the time. That means teams like my hometown team of Southend getting 90% pass accuracy against teams like Barcelona. Seen it time and time again in my games and many, many streams I've watched of slider testing.

Leicester City had an average of just 70.5% pass success last season and won the Premier League.
Barcelona "only" had a 86.8% pass success rate last season.

A 90% plus pass accuracy doesn't exist in top flight football.

I played Leicester as Celtic a couple weeks ago, and I remember they had a pass success rate somewhere in the late 80's; and Vardy? He stood around the whole match waiting for a long pass that was never gonna come. And when he did get the ball his only option was to try and dribble through the middle.

Basically the A.I is extremely limited in FIFA, and don't pay like their real life counterparts.

The A.I stubbornly plays from the back like Spain and rarely hit long balls, even if you give them the Long Ball tactic, it makes no difference.

The A.I plays "tiki taki" or rather "clicky clacky" when they attack, or they pass to the wings and hit crosses. The way they attack is utterly predictable, inorganic and mostly lifeless.

One of the few times they storm forward is in the last 5-10 minutes of the game, when they are desperate to get a result. And how both funny and sad it is to hear Alan Smith say I better be prepared for the barrage of long balls coming my way to then see the A.I click and clack its way through my defense without attempting one solitary long pass.

And when they do hit random long balls and through balls, or play direct and clinical, it is only a bittersweet reminder of the beautiful game I could be playing if EA would fix the custom tactics and improve the A.I's creativity on and off the ball.

So I have to be honest, those last two paragraphs from EA are two of the sweetest things I've read them say in YEARS!

Last edited by Sneaky Deaky; 07-16-2016 at 07:59 AM.