View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 10:32 PM   #30
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

After a little while with the training videos jumped right into a 15 minute quarter, 13 second rundown accelerated clock full game Rams vs Titans.

I won 38-17, and really enjoyed most of the aspects of the game. I'll start off with what could be problem areas.

As seen in some of the GC videos, the CPU QB doesn't move around in the pocket to escape pressure on a few too many plays. I got two short fields inside the 20 because Mariota just stood there and let himself get sacked and fumbled. He didn't try and Scramble once.

CPU offensive play calling. It's a lot better than it has been, but they still call a few too many 4 verts, that combined with the statue QB's is a issue.

CPU defensive play calling. They like to call too many, what seems like Cover 0 plays, in the wrong spot. These long scores came on plays where they were way too aggressive at the wrong time, IMO.

Not liking how the CPU receiver fall out of bounds on passes on the flat way too often.

Hope I can turn off the Red and Green in the box squares that tell you where or if you should run. I turned off all the other visual aids, but could see how to turn that off.

There were other issues of course, but they seem like they can be handled with sliders.

Some things I liked:

Dorial Green-Beckham, The Titans are gong to miss him in my CFM, lol. He had 11 catches for 141. The CPU has never that many receptions to an outside WR to against me in Madden. The catches were nice plays, it wasn't where my D was just clueless.

Rams front 4 made it tough on Murray, but he still had some nice 5-7 yard power runs that the CPU never use to get on default.

Forgot to call any FB dives, but no other runs seem OP.

When he didn't hold the ball too long or call 4 verts, Mariota made good decisions with the ball.

Me and the CPU both had backspin punts land inside the 5.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.