View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #7
ProfessaPackMan
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impessions (PopSci)

Quote:
To make the game more realistic, the team made sure you could no longer run or jump through an opposing player’s limbs, which was a complaint they heard repeatedly. This also means that the ball will actually ricochet off of a player’s arm or leg, making you fight for better position. The team worked on tweaking the physics of the game, allowing you to play more physically and fight for the ball like real players do.
I'll be shocked if they get this 100% correct because I've assumed that this is impossible in ANY sports game.

Quote:
The game also changes up shooting a bit, adding in aiming on the joystick to increase difficulty. If you use the stick to shoot (which I don’t, I find I’m better off just using the buttons), you have to try to keep the joystick straight up so that you don’t miss the hoop.
If this is the case, then I already know I'm going to be mainly shooting with the button this year. I may mess around with the shot stick but not as much as I do now.

Quote:
In practice, dribbling moves have gotten a lot more difficult to time up, which is good and bad. It makes the game more realistic, but it doesn’t allow you to string together a ridiculously fun sequence of moves like you could in the past. I’m sure that if I became more familiar with the game, as I have with the previous versions, it would make more sense the more I messed around with it. For now, it does seem like a hurdle that the average gamer might not be able to fully clear.
Are they speaking on responsiveness issues?

Quote:
To replicate this, NBA 2K17 strayed away from a long-term energy tank and refocused on short term maximum energy use. What this means is that you can no longer sprint constantly, just like an NBA player doesn’t sprint the length of the court five times in a row. This prevents players from riding the turbo button, making you use your energy more wisely.
Hasn't this always been in the game though?

Good and interesting read though, nonetheless.