View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 10:53 PM   #24
SpyPirates
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M17 CFM Fantasy Draft strategy

==I think it is more fun to play without knowing the information below, but here it is:==

If you're drafting with CPUs, they have a very distinct drafting strategy that you can game to get a better team than you otherwise would be able to if you didn't know what they were doing.

CPUs wait several rounds before drafting RBs and DTs. So you can get Bell (or at least Johnson/AP/Gurley), McDonald, McCoy, Suh, etc. in the 4th round or later, allowing you to get a top 1 player at multiple position groups, depending on where your draft draft pick is. Of course in the real NFL, drafting a RB this late would be good strategy, but in Madden, I'd argue RBs are much more valuable than they are in RL.

Similarly, guards and centers are drafted late, even later than RBs and DTs. So you can pick up more top tier talent, maybe in the 7th round or so.

Unsurprisingly, QBs are drafted first, even mediocre ones, so unless you have a top 5-10 pick and want to draft a QB with your first pick, you should wait a while to draft a QB. The difference between using your 2nd pick on a mid tier QB and waiting several rounds and getting a low tier QB (you'll probably draft a replacement in the subsequent rookie drafts either way) and using your early picks on something else will make a big difference in how much overall talent your team has.

WRs also get drafted early, so actually I think OP's strategy of drafting WRs early is pretty good. Top tier WRs in madden definitely play better than 80s WRs, so if you can beat the CPU to the punch, you can secure some top talent at a position that is very important in madden.

You can get decent CB, LB and DEs in the 2nd-3rd rounds if you want to go defensive since the CPUs are focused on QB and WR. If you want to go for offense, Gronk doesnt go off the board until late in the 1st round, and I think the other elite TEs should be available well into the 2nd as well.

Again, i wish I didn't know all of this so I could have a draft without exploiting the CPU, but it's been like this at least since madden 15 and I can't unlearn it, so might as well pass it on to folks who want to know