Old 08-30-2016, 12:02 AM   #26
Ky3217
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: M17 CFM Fantasy Draft strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I'm doing one with friends next week and I like your approach. I'm also going with a stud O line. Going to solidify the defense. I can find some serviceable offense players in the draft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
It's worked pretty well for me. For this team I drafted Green and Jeffery in the first two rounds. In past years it was always Julio Jones and Green. I would actually make my friends mad in '16 because it was pretty much always an automatic catch for Jones and Green if they were left in 1-on-1 coverage because I could just throw a high bullet to them and they'd come down with it.

I then got Bell in the 3rd, went O-line in rounds 4-8 (waited on Conklin because I knew I could get him later) then switched between offensive and defensive players for the rest of the draft, taking whoever was best for the positions I still needed to fill.

I usually don't draft my quarterback until the rest of my team's starting lineup is set. You can get guys like Cook and Prescott, who are in the lower 70s, pretty late in the draft. In past years I would always try to draft a QB after year 1, but I'm probably going to stick with Cook this year. With a supporting cast like the ones I give them, it's pretty easy to develop QBs quickly.

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217