Old 09-22-2016, 11:54 AM   #15
orion523
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Snuck in some early testing this morning, a couple of thoughts.

World Class only so far.

Similar to FIFA 16:
- Sprint Speed determines the twitchy/speedy animations.
- Acceleration lowered results in bursting.
- Acceleration lowered too far results in stamina gauge remaining filled.
- Lowering Pass Speed reduces drilled pass effectiveness, but does not mean CPU won't use it.
- Increase in Shot Error means more shot variety/quality, distances, etc.

Possible difference from FIFA 16:
- Lowering Marking actually seems to make CPU more aggressive in tackles.
- Lowering Marking does not mean automatic burst.
Very brief video with the following settings:

Sprint 1/1 - Just testing thresholds here, seeing how far it can go.

Acceleration 48/48 - Tested 40/40, 45/45 and 47/47, all bursting, but did not test with the lower marking at the time, or the super low Sprint Speed.

Pass Speed 40/40 - Still the same with pass speeds able to reach 40-60 when drilled. Air Balls look much better, less loopy, except for set pieces, at times.

GK 40/40 - Too many two-handed saves, was interested to see if this does anything.

Marking 40/40 - Interested to see if it carries over from 16, seems to be, and does not seem to hurt the shape. I do see the outside backs tuck in a bit much, but not sure if that is relative to marking.

RF 30/30 - Seems to be a bit more contained. May bump it back up to 50 to see how the above works with that combo.

**Early days, so this is by no means a set, or is even necessary for others to test, as it is simply a "raw" test - that could change by the next post.

I highly suggest using the default sliders before doing any adjusting.**
Haha, damn man I just sent you a PM about my initial thoughts, didn't realize this was even here already! You boys are quick!
As far as initial thoughts. Completely agree with the idea of "reigning it all in" slight reductions in sprint/acc combined with more significant lowering of pass speed and run frequency resulted in a really nice ebb and flow.
Positioning was the best it's ever been out of the box, and unless things change dramatically with the day one patch, line settings may only be needed for fine tuning, as opposed to full on correcting.
There's a huge huge difference in player quality. Star players stand out, and make a difference.
All over the pitch, the one on one battles are great. Once I get a handle on how to use and counteract the new shielding mechanic I feel it will be really enjoyable.
Shot and pass selection by the AI is quite varied, and it seems that thus far they are very adept at exploiting your club's weaknesses.
If you're overly aggressive on the attacking end, be prepared to pay.
Advertisements - Register to remove