jmik58
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
I'm honoured, thank you!

Done my first season in my sim-only Browns CFM, trying to turn them into contenders without playing any games (or cheesing the CPU with unfair trades etc.).

My 2017 draft class. Not too shabby!

Had to give an arm and a leg to trade up from #6 to #1 overall to grab Heisman trophy winning QB Ben Trejo, but it was well worth it. Gave up two first rounders and a top second rounder to bump up 5 slots but I'll take that trade all day long to nab by QB for the next 15 years.

Whiffed on that MLB in round 2 (slow dev to boot), which I was annoyed about. Still, that's an example where the tool isn't perfect.

Got some solid players in the middle rounds, particularly pleased with that Guard in the 6th as he has quick dev too. The tool told me not to draft the SS, but I badly needed depth at the position and he looked pretty solid even if the tool didn't like him.
As much as I appreciate what you've done, I really like that there are still "misses" like your 2nd round MLB. Most of the guys are looking for a sim experience (as I'm sure you are) so it would take a lot of realism out of the experience if we could always guarantee the outcome. I feel like your tool has taken us from the Dogpound (pun attended) and given us Belichick-like scouting abilities. But of course, humans make mistakes and it's good that there will still be misses.