View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 01:58 PM   #64
GoSeahawks
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

I just finished my first draft class using this tool, so I thought I would share.

Round 1 Pick 4
LE Dijon Hollis
81 OVR Super Star Development
Ranked #2 on the board with a 93.96 True Value Rating

He was my targeted first pick and luckily he fell to me at the fourth pick. The top rated player in TVR was LOLB Ray Steitz, but I didn't need anyone at the position. Steitz ended up with a 77 OVR and a Normal Development, so I hit a home run with this pick.

Round 1 Pick 32
RT Charley Cooley
78 OVR Normal Development
Ranked #6 on the board and a 93.10 TVR

The guy I was targeting here was CB Delen Coffee who was projected as an early second round pick, but the Seahawks snagged him at 24 overall. Coffee turns out to be 81 OVR with SS development

Round 2 Pick 4
C Austin Lafleur
73 OVR with Super Star Development
Ranked #20 on the board with an 88.47 TVR

There were a couple RBs available that were ranked higher, but I knew a good ranked RB was going to be available later, so I took the highest rated non RB here. Although he's not ranked high, I am happy with the development trait.

Round 2 Pick 29
QB Tannon Kern
76 OVR with a Normal Development Trait
Ranked #19 on the board with an 88.92 TVR

He had the highest TVR of any QB and was projected as a late 3rd round pick. There was one other QB worth drafting with the same OVR and he went in the first round. His development trait was quick, so he has the edge here. Not bad though for a late 2nd round pick.

Round 3 Pick 28
HB Deandre Enzor
73 OVR and a Quick Development Trait
Ranked 21 on the board with an 88.42 TVR

There were eight RBs in this draft that the scouting tool suggested I draft. Six of them had overall ratings between 75-79 and only one was rated lower than Enzor. Enzor was the only one projected to go after the second round.

Round 5 Pick 28
RG Jarius Peerman
75 OVR and a Normal Development Trait
Ranked 23 on the board with an 88.14 TVR

Highest ranked player left on my draft board.

Round 6 Pick 28
RE Trey Paige-Moss
OVR 72 and a Normal Development Trait
Ranked 34 on the board with an 82.67 TVR

At his point in the draft I only had two players left on my draft board with the other being DT Felix Rudolph. Both of these players were considered risky picks, so I just chose the higher of the two. Rudolph ended up with a 69 OVR and a slow development trait.

Conclusion
This is definitely better than the draft classes I have had in the past, so the tool worked well. It might have been better had I allocated my scouting points more efficiently. I kind of screwed up and only was able to scout about two rounds worth of CBs.

Also, risky picks really are risky. The 6 lowest rated OVR from my board were considered risky picks. The two highest risky picks were rated 78 OVR.

Anyway, thanks a lot for making this tool. It should really help me turn whatever team I use into a dynasty.