Old 10-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #74
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Awesome, looking forward to hearing your findings. If you could capture the actual OVR against each prospect afterwards (just add a new column) from the draft recap screen that would be awesome (and then send it to me obviously!). The more data I have, the better I'll be able to tweak the criteria in the future.
Already had that planned . So far I've scouted every prospects top 3 attributes and kept track of every storyline player and what it was about (ie hurt, Heisman, record broke, bad game, etc.). Now I just have to plug in the Combine data, draft, and record Ovr from all players.

*Couble FYI points:

-The Combine data changes some if you make a save point and reload. Most likely because of the variance in the combine data this year even if it's the same actual grade. I learned this the hard way by doing half the prospects and when I reloaded the 2nd time things had changed. So for consistency I am going to do all prospects Combine data on my 3rd sim through.

-Storylines also change when reloading from a save point.

-Storylines can affect Projected Rd, Talent Rd, and also small attribute changes +/-. I'm sure that they affect the Dev Trait to but we will see after I record that data.

-I didn't scout any UD players to save time.

-The way I did it was to create a save point in week 3 of the cfm. Scout as many prospects as possible until I got to the draft. Reload and do that all over again. It took 2 sims to be able to scout all players. I reloaded for a 3rd time because I wanted to get consistency on the storyline players and also be accurate on the Combine data. Once done I will auto draft and then record the Ovr of every scouted player (I will set my player scheme to balanced for every position to keep things, well, balanced lol) and also the Dev Trait to see if there is a correlation with anything else (I do think EA made this much more random this year which I like very much).

-In hindsight I should have just done a cfm where I controlled 3-4 teams and do all the scouting in 1 season to keep things more accurate but what I've done is still pretty damn accurate. Just a suggestion for anyone else who wants to do this.