View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 12:08 PM   #10
jake19ny
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Psychology of Sliders: How the Community is Changing NHL 17

Great article. Psychology aside I think the one reason we all get different results from the same set of sliders would be because individuals play the game differently. I still think because of the speed of real hockey and how many physical maneuvers are involved in a hockey players game as well as the quick thinking aspect of it makes duplicating the sport in a video game one of the hardest in all sports.

All that said I have never been convinced that sliders make a huge difference. Last year (NHL16) I experimented with just about all sliders maxed and just about all sliders minimum and the difference in many areas were negligible. That was based on 0-6 sliders. Now we have 0-100 sliders and I simply don't have the patience to experiment like that with these. I have doubts about the effect of some sliders.

Example:

On default for example shot accuracy had CPU at 50. The CPU averaged 25-39 shots per game. I lowered it to 10 and the CPU still averages same amount of shots

On Default pass accuracy and pass reception ease are 50 and 25 respectively...the CPU shots were 25-39 and pass accuracy around 84%. When lowered to 10 each the shots remained the same and pass accuracy was around 79%, a marginal difference.