View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #18
charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
The Psychology of Sliders: How the Community is Changing NHL 17

Great read!

I know more about the Madden side of things in regard to sliders but, I think it's all pretty similar.

I often wonder why so many won't even give an out of the box game much of a chance.

Some might play one half or one game and make whole sale changes but, then tell others that it takes 5-10 games to get a feel for their sliders. lol

I think for some it comes down to control. They want to get a certain level of recognition for the game they love. So they "work" on sliders year round.

Admittedly I was one of those people to an extent. I realized how much of a waist of time it was personally and just enjoy sports games for what they are and make changes if I need to but, stay closer to default.

I do think some of the reason we mess with sliders at all is because any company is releasing a game to the masses. So they have to make settings have the broadest appeal.

Because of that you have certain aspects of sports games that they feel can't be quite as real as real life because it may be too difficult or confusing to the masses.

This is where sliders can come in. We can adjust certain parts of a game to our liking.

Does it make the game better? Not necessarily.

I am for more settings to adjust personally. So I'm glad games like NHL are going that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by charter04; 12-03-2016 at 03:17 PM.