View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 01:50 AM   #9
CujoMatty
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Not going to lie I was pretty worried about how this review was going to go but im glad you nailed it I don't usually care too much about reviews but I want this game to succeed so not only will there be support for a long time but also sequels and maybe even EA will see the value in pursuing another Skate title.

This game came out of nowhere and I played the beta and fell head over heels literally for this game. I have easily 30 hours into the game and am only 35 percent completion simply because the part of the game I enjoy most is finding unique runs and mastering them. I haven't had that enjoyment since Skate and feared I was never going to play a game like that again. What makes that even more enjoyable in Steep is the no loading and instant travel and respawn. Retrying a line numerous times is so much easier and enjoyable when its instantaneous.

Ubisoft Annecy did something very special here that hopefully lays the ground work for even better things down the road. Back to the mountain for me.