View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 02:30 AM   #10
CujoMatty
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I can appreciate the beauty of the landscape, and I agree the variety in gameplay is commendable. That said, if snowboarding is your main interest, this is the wrong game for you. The whole momentum system is done horribly wrong, guys just fly around like rockets all the time, even on flatter ground, and squirrely landings don't seem to slow you down or penalize you like they should. I've also yet to see any grinds anywhere, although it is possible to grind from what I understand.

Personally, I found the wingsuit to be fun for a short while, but the novelty wore off, and I just don't care much about skiing. For me, 'Infinite Air' is a much better fit, and a far more realistic take on snowboarding. You can also go wherever you want without the threat of a pending microtransaction. Some people may be into that sort of extortion, but I'm not.
Most people are saying the opposite about speed and their dislike for the g force meter that curbs speed so i'm not sure what you were experiencing. I mean no disrespect, but what is the point in commenting on Mark Mcmorris Infinite Air in the Steep review section? I own both games and enjoy them but its apples and oranges. Mark Mcmorris is going for a realistic snowboarding experience who's strong point is doing singular runs with a major focus on the tricks. Steep Isn't trying at all to be that. Steep didn't even have the name of the tricks display when you did them for both beta's. They added them in right before release and Steep doesn't even have a grinding mechanic lol. Steep is about the mountains and plopping you down to explore and throws a wide variety of challenges for some structure. If your mentality going in to steep is to bang out challenges then ya its not going to be good. Saying that if snowboarding is your main interest that Steep is wrong for you is pretty misleading. Steep is about winter sports and a wide open mountain range playground and the snowboarding is really fun. Mark Mcmorris is just about snowboarding. They are both good in their own ways but comparing the two is like saying The Golf Club is a better game than Grand Theft Auto 5 because there's golf in both.