View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #15
DBMcGee3
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I can appreciate the beauty of the landscape, and I agree the variety in gameplay is commendable. That said, if snowboarding is your main interest, this is the wrong game for you. The whole momentum system is done horribly wrong, guys just fly around like rockets all the time, even on flatter ground, and squirrely landings don't seem to slow you down or penalize you like they should. I've also yet to see any grinds anywhere, although it is possible to grind from what I understand.

Personally, I found the wingsuit to be fun for a short while, but the novelty wore off, and I just don't care much about skiing. For me, 'Infinite Air' is a much better fit, and a far more realistic take on snowboarding. You can also go wherever you want without the threat of a pending microtransaction. Some people may be into that sort of extortion, but I'm not.
After caving in to my impulsive nature and buying the game over the weekend, I must humbly say I'm having a pretty awesome time so far. The mountain is absolutely breathtaking, enough so that I find myself just wandering around quite a bit, and thus far my limitations in terms of drop zone access have not been too annoying. I've finally taken a bit more to the controls, and as a result I'm truly enjoying the snowboarding, and I like skiing far more than I thought I would actually. I've even taken a shine to the wingsuit, further diversifying my experience. Like others have said, I could take or leave the paragliding. It's kinda cool to fly through a valley and check out the scenery, I just don't much enjoy the racing challenges, as the controls aren't great for that facet of the game and it just isn't much fun in my opinion.

At the end of the day, great game. Lots of unlockables, which are video game crack to me, and lots of cool online components. Love the replay system as well. My biggest gripe is probably the frame rate issues. Hopefully a PS4 Pro upgrade will at least improve upon that a bit. Does anyone know if the game already has been or will be patched for the Pro? Thinking about grabbing one this weekend. Waiting on my Christmas bonus like Clark Griswold, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove