View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #33
NEOPARADIGM
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: How Could Presentation Be Improved In NHL 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I would love for more stuff to happen "On ice". There are just so many glaring cuts in the game. It would be nice to get a bit more in terms of realistic goal celebrations, and just other various things that play out on the ice without dropping to a cut scene.

The shoving and stuff after the play is nice, but it would be better to see guys start to skate off the ice, and also maybe have some better animations for various types of players. As it stands now, you just end up having a handful of pairs doing the exact same animations where they shove and grab each other. It would be cool to see stuff like scrums, guys pulling each other back, players talking to the refs between plays, after whistles, before faceoffs, etc.

Everything just has a tendency to feel very canned. You score a goal, do one of two celebrations if you're me (Jump into the boards, or scrape the ice...because the others are all just goofy) and then everyone kind of follows after you, before you glide into the boards, net or other players as it plays out, then it suddenly cuts to a player or two patting you.

Personally, I wouldn't mind more animations for just general things to break up the 5 guys skating and doing the same few things. Defenders patting their goalie, guys who are tired showing it on the ice after the whistle, players talking to each other on near miss goals, or maybe before faceoffs.

Basically just anything on ice to kind of break up the usual guys standing around, and preferably less cuts to the close ups right after. I don't mind the camera moving, or zooming, but it can kind of take you out of things to score a goal, have you lonely player jump into the glass, then quickly cut to guys mobbing you, followed by another cut to you skating down the bench, followed by replays...
i don't disagree with any of that, but my point was simply that if real-time 4- and 5-man celebrations is too much for whatever reason (tbf madden only rarely has more than 2-man celebrations too) then i don't see many people giving a rip if they were prerendered instead.

yeah, it'd be great if everything was real-time, flawlessly seamless, etc. but clearly that isn't on the table right now.