View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 12:43 PM   #10
miamikb2001
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Constructing a MLB The Show '17 Lineup & Staff: Traditional vs Sabermetrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
As it relates to MLB the Show each year the developers tinker with gameplay. I play the purest form of the game with no user input - manage mode - and first before I figure out what kind of a team to assemble I figure out what they have done to gameplay.

This year there are plenty of home runs but hits are down significantly. Therefore this is what I have done. Since all pitchers are overpowered and pitcher confidence is still a major factor I get starting pitchers with 80 or higher stamina and 65 or higher durability. H/9, bb/9 preferably in the 60's or higher. No need to spend big money on star pitchers because they are all overpowered. Get a good dominant closer and setup men - there appears to be a bit of rubber banding in the 9th this year.

For ballparks - to prevent home runs from determining the outcome of every game I chose Griffith Stadium. Home runs are possible but pitcher friendly. Stolen bases are back after going missing in the show 16. For position players speed and defense and small ball. Infielders are overpowered - human AI so all infielders are good. No need to acquire gold glove infielders, just fast fielders who can get to the ball and let human AI do the rest. A player like Starling Marte is absolute gold in this year's game.

Small ball. Having said that nobody other than the devs know what they are working on for the big patch which is yet to come so this isn't final until they are finished tinkering with gameplay but for now that's the formula.

I would agree with most of this on default,but not neccessarily with slider adjustments other things can matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks