View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #92
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Deuce I agree with you that part of the issue is blocking, QB evading system..but the other half of the issue is ratings..most QB don't break tackles cause their Elusive rating is so low..this includes as an example guys like Big Ben who is elusive by nature due to his size, or Romo when he is broken into two pieces..second part of the ratings problem is pursuit rating by Dlineman..this rating at times overrides basic speed, acceleration, agility, and stamina..causing lineman to close on QB's wayyyy too fast..now not talking about the K Mack's, and top flight edge rushers who are top athletes but DT's or large 3 tech DE's.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
QB's can evade in Madden the problem is you have to go to drastic messures on the tackling slider in order to see it happen

Most guys on here (OS) will never play with a extremely low tackle slider because it will drive them crazy if a RB or WR broke 2-3 tackles on a givin play.

The tackle slider doing gameplay is the biggest culprit as to why you don't see QB's avoiding the rush very much

That slider is somehow tied into the ball carrier and Qb elusiveness rating doing gameplay

Playing with high tackle slider increases the radius of the tackle range......reducing the tackle slider decreases the radius and in return you'll see QB's avoid the rush much better but the downside is the RB's and WR's will sometimes break tackles

I personally live with the consequences because Madden is a flawed game and rather have QB's at least being able to avoid a rush occasional as opposed to getting sacked 100% of the time...

EA needs to figure out how their ratings also tie into the sliders and doubt they really spend the man time dissecting it or even observing it
I feel like tacking has been tuned to be so ridiculously forgiving as a hand holding mechanism for User play style. A large percentage of Users run full speed at the ball carrier at crappy angles and hit stick(garbage mechanic) every play. Maybe part of sim style can be to reduce that crazy radius and punish players who play so recklessly.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.