View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 06:43 AM   #54
ZeroTheHero
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Riding PES rainbow (exploring and describing the ATTACK/DEFENSE levels).

I used Hex Workshop and reworked all the A/D levels for all PL formations based on the import/exports you shared, Kilay. Using the spreadsheets Papino shared, I just went with Green attack instead of Orange. I notice several prominent changes in the game, most of them good. The only negative issue I've noticed is that catch-up is more prominent due to the naturally slower paced matches.

BAL mode is somewhat better as you won't get knocked around the pitch with a fresh youngster unless you're seeking those areas where these things happen in real life too (centrally in the "Maradona" area). Both teams seems focused on keeping a good defensive shape and having decent cover, which makes it rather hard to break down and score. I assume the added realism will stick as your player progress because it's the defensive team shapes rather than difference in skill that makes it difficult.

In ML the changes are much more noticeable. The matches seems more like tactical chess games than before, but the total ineptness of your players still occur from time to time, where they seem to lose half their technique, passing accuracy and response. The only way to counter that part is to keep the ball moving from player to player, and that's much easier due to the much smarter positioning provided by these formations. I've actually managed to score several goals during these periods.

All these tests were conducted using unmodded Top Player difficulty. The AI cheating is much less noticeable if you modify "Professional" or even "Regular" to match the Superstar difficulty in most areas. At "Regular" opponent teams seems less interested in going all in for a goal when trailing, though, so I'm using modded Professional for the most part.

Even though we still have a way to go, the improvement is noteworthy. Well done guys!

Last edited by ZeroTheHero; 05-25-2017 at 06:49 AM.