Old 06-14-2017, 10:57 AM   #53
SteelD34KC
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I don't think that was necessarily a mistake by the AI. I think the guard and the fullback were supposed to block who they actually blocked by design. It's just that the LB was blitzing and it was a counter play which took too long to develop. This left the hole open for the LB to come through unblocked. Which is why you sometimes get burned by the blitz.

In a standard run play that back side backer would have to chase down the play if he blitzed.

Now, the one thing you can say is wrong in this situation is that the FB probably should have taken the blitzing LB since he was the first immediate threat because of the counter. But I am sure that type of thing is not programmed into the game properly. Or at least didn't work there.
Its never worked. For years our FBs, Lineman and TE's completely ignore ANYTHING but what the play is designed for. There is no AI there, its just scripted.

I understand plays like this happen, especially with a young, or inexperience fullback and TE. But for him to literally run right by the blitzing LB and for the TE to just wander on past the LB without even looking at him? What the heck is the awareness attribute even for?