View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #74
deu22ces
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

I feel like I'm missing something when this Longshot is used as one of the excuses for Franchise features lacking this year. They've worked on this Madden Movie for 4 years. I just re-checked, last years' front cover said Franchise had "new ways to play and deeper than ever". (Almost choked typing that misnomer.) Stamped right there in the corner. In my book, that's contradictory to claim a mode had it's biggest advance ever one year while working on Story mode, then the next year use it as an excuse for not advancing. I think they had a song once for things that make you go "hmm".

I know, I know..it's not just Story mode. It's Story mode and Frostbite porting. And limited resources. And legacy issues. And NBA Live. And...well that's exhaustive enough, isn't it?

And whoa, wait a minute, they can work on a whole new mode from scratch with "innovations" and "authenticity" for 4 years behind the scenes, but not the same for Franchise mode which clearly needs a real overhaul? There's that song in my head again.

If they'd of said 4 years ago, that because Madden is a yearly title, they would update as best they could the old engine for 4 years while working in the background on a whole new Franchise Sim engine, I'd have applauded and made due.

My opinions are my own of course. And I could be wrong. I'll take comfort that I am at least not alone.