View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
rplatypus
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Roster Ratings

I prefer the player ratings to be in line with what EA puts out. The only reason is due to the incoming draft classes. It's not a real option for people to rerate every player in a draft class (Not possible anyway) to conform to a different ratings system. A different ratings system limits someone to only playing one season because the incoming rookies usually have better ratings then some pro bowlers if you use even a slightly lower rating scale than the official ratings. Sim stats are great and all but most people that sim do so over multiple seasons.

When I have created classic teams in the past, I used pro football reference AV value to guide me on player overall ratings. I then make 3-8 90+ overall players per team and work my way down to players around a 60 overall. I made a best of teams roster (89Sf, 95Dal, etc.) instead of a specific year which would have less 90+ overall players. Conforming to their ratings is the only way to currently make a classic roster that can be played for multiple seasons, at least until they decide to let us edit and share draft classes.