Old 06-15-2017, 07:21 PM   #2543
WarMMA
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Pompous boxing purists are going to be intolerable the next couple of months. I realize this is more spectacle than competitive boxing match, but like many others I'm extremely intrigued. In today's social climate people are looking for a huge distraction that everyone can enjoy together and this matchup more than any(boxing or MMA) in the last couple of years gives it to us.

Mcgregor doesn't owe MMA fans anything, if he takes this fight then rides off into the sunset never to fight again or defend a belt I'll be happy for him. Get in, get rich, get out with your health should be the goal of any prize fighter.

Edit: These mainstream and boxing comparisons are unbearable. People are saying it's like Michael Phelps vs Usain Bolt. Ugh. If you're going to compare them it would be more like Odell Beckham vs Bolt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yh it may be annoying, but I mean it's a fight. People will compare them regardless and some will be ridiculous. It's bringing fans from both sports and they will clash. Last time I remember it being like this was when James Toney came over to fight Couture...but this is way bigger than that. I think it's good for both sports tbh though. Especially considering boxing has been kind of on the downslide in terms of maintaining it's excitment.