View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 03:55 AM   #11
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Yeah but here is the reality of NFL pockets:

Tom Brady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXb-VTrg3Mg&t=1m45s

Now obviously only a couple qbs can do that, and Brady isn't known for a mobile qb, but that was throwing a leading, precision pass while drifting to the left under pressure from two angles while falling to the ground.

That seems to be exactly what you'd need target passing mapped to the RS for. And as for not everyone being Brady, just give an accuracy penalty to people doing it without arguably the best qb ever.

Of course I bring this point up knowing there is a line between balanced gameplay and realism that might not be crossable. Perhaps plays like what Brady made there will have to forever remain out of the game in the interest of balanced play?
Also I should point out two things from that video:

1- the 49ers got pressure on him all day despite the Pats having a good line and the 49ers ranking low in sacks. Make pass rush more ferocious!

2- Brady shows what elite qbing is all about. He's not throwing a million checkdowns. He's escaping the pressure and still throwing down the field dimes despite getting clobbered. Not every qb shouod be able to do that. Brady is a true Robo QB and he should reflect that, but other qbs simply CANNOT do those things.

So hopefully the game shows a real difference between Tom Brady and Matt Barkley. Sim mode seems to address this, so I hope Brady plays like Brady and Barkley like Barkley.
Advertisements - Register to remove