View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 11:49 AM   #1
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
NCAA had a tiny detail I wish Madden would expand upon

Game previews.

I know everyone else wants post-game shows and stuff, I think I'd rather have some kind of pregame feature that creates that anticipation we feel going into Sunday morning in real life.

NCAA had a game preview screen you could view when you were looking at the schedule. Back when it had a 3 man booth, both of the color guys would predict who they thought would win. Then the matchup screen would compare major stats and ratings.

It was a small thing that I'd really like to see heavily expanded, both in presentation (perhaps a pregame show or article with predictions and opinions) and practical (matchup concerns, an expanded opposing game prep screen) terms.

Anyways, I know, basically a wishlist type of post, but it hit me this morning when I saw a "5 things you need to know for Sunday" article on 49ers Webzone that reminded me of all the like articles we see heading into a regular season game.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove