Old 07-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #4
Money99
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Do Ratings Really Matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
It's something that's been harped on plenty around here, but the frustrating part of the game is that there isn't a lot of disparity between players of certain skills, because the attribute ratings either don't weight heavily enough into how the game plays, or there's not enough of a gap between players.

I have equal luck scoring in the game with 4th liners as I do forwards like Tarasenko, mainly because there just isn't enough of a skill gap between the two. Sliders can help to an extent, but there's only so much you can do.

It's all made more frustrating by the fact that editing/sharing players is difficult if not impossible (can we please get a system that lets us search for players by name, position, etc). When you do manage to edit a team, it's painfully slow, because you're stuck going attribute by attribute and editing everything down/up, and you're not able to type numbers in and be done with it. Then even if you do have a good slider set/roster, you can't share it, or get the roster/sliders from someone who knows better.
Well said.
I'd like to see the same differential at the NHL level as is present in the CHL.
I've played games with some of my favourite OHL teams, and the stars are much more noticeable than when I play as an NHL club.

What year was it that EA Canada had a goon out to their studios?
It's when they introduced the 1st person fighting engine.
That year, the devs spoke about how even goons could do incredible things on the ice.
They forgot to mention that it's usually in a practice, with unlimited time and space.
In games, you never see these guys threading needles or removing jock straps.
Yet, because some scrub dangled in their EA studio, they went ga-ga and decided every player should be separated by 2 OV points.