View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #24
shane_s35
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Philadelphia Phillies Rebuild (MLB The Show 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Loving it bro. Huge Philly fan. How many games are you playing and how many are you simming?

Most importantly for me, how do you know when to call up a good minor league, what is your strategy please. I get confused.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app

Appreciate it. I play a few games a month. Key matchups, etc. I quick manage the rest and jumping into games occasionally. As for the call ups. I base all my call ups based purely on performance. I don't care about ratings. For example Brock Stassi batted under .200 in the beginning of the season so I sent him down. Then he batted over .400 in AAA so I called him back up and now he's around .250 for the season. Mainly if you're killing it I'll try and find a place for you at the next level. Also injuries. If someone gets hurts and goes on the DL I'll bring someone up to replace him on the roster. Like Alfaro was placed on the DL and I called up Knapp to be the backup to Rupp who replaced him. The last thing I consider is age. This is more for the lower levels but I'm more likely to call up a 24 year old than a 19 year old. Performance, need, and age are what I consider. Just trying to keep it realistic.