SP - Yu Darvish
1B - Eric Hosmer
3B - Mike Moustakas
2B - Jose Altuve

Our biggest signing thus far:

SP - Michael Wacha to 4 years $48M
1B - Matt Holliday 1 year at $5M

Bunch of minor signings as well.

Indians traded C Nick Hundley to the Rangers for 1B Prince Fielder.

Crazy offseason thus far.

Now we need to decide what to do with Adam Wainwright. His production is declining and he's owed nearly $19M this year. I thought about moving him the pen, but that much money dedicated to a single player pitching in the pen. We have guys in AAA who are ready to take a shot at the majors.

I will say this, we are going to make a push for Chris Sale or Madison Bumgarner even though Wacha was signed to be our ACE. We really could use a LH starter since re-signing Brett Anderson is out of the question. Either Sale or Bumgarner will require a major payday ($30M/yr) and I'm not really willing to sign either to a long term deal as I don't want that much money tied up, but I'm thinking if either will take a 2-3 year deal, preferrably with an option at the end, I definitely, even with Wainwright's contract, have the funds to make it happen. If we signed one or the other, we will most likely try to find a suitor for Wainwright.

Free Agency begins!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove