young22
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty

Westlake State Football Staff Communications

To: Head Coach Davonnie Banks

Cc: Recruiting

Hey Coach, I know we just got blown out, so I've got my last recruiting update for the season. We've just about finalized our board. We've got a couple good prospects on the D-line, and I found a QB who will change our program if we can land him.

The 2 linemen are both from Florida. One's a 2 star JUCO junior, played at NW Florida CC last year with Hollis, that's how I found out about him. His name is Michael Ransom, he plays DT. Tall and long, at 6'5 262, doesn't have that compact build you like, but he's good. Good strength, can rush the passer well, and is solid against the run.

The other guy is Eric Clemens, an end out of Davie. Another well rounded guy. He can do a bit of everything. He's flown under the radar because at 6'3, 232, he doesn't have the speed that top programs are gonna want from their edge rushers. He can't track down really fast guys.

Both of these guys will be able to start from day 1.

Now let's get to 4 star QB Joey Williams. I highly doubt we'll get this guy. But he's the best pure athlete I've seen at the QB position since Cam Newton. He's from Toledo, and I first saw him play against Westlake Prep when I was watching the Karat boys. 6'5, 246, and he doesn't turn 18 until next
August. Get him on S&C, and he might be 265 of pure muscle when he graduates. (or goes to the league)

This guy is really only a 4 star, he just started playing QB this year. Played wideout, tailback, and safety his first 3 years. Stupid fast for his height and size. Runs a 4.46. When he gets going, there is no stopping him. He has running back instincts. He runs mean, will lower his shoulder, and has some moves too. Strong, decent vision, and he'll take a hit. His accuracy is pretty solid.

Now there are some cons. Like I said, running back instincts. He's too quick to run. He's new to the position, and clearly struggles with making more than 1 or 2 reads per play. Also, for a guy who's 6'5, 246, he has nowhere near the arm strength you'd expect. It was really underwhelming, I thought he'd have a crazy arm. He also looks to be fumble prone. I've seen him play twice, and he's lost it 4 times in those 2 games.

But, the pros far outweigh the cons. We really need this type of guy to run your style of offense. I highly doubt we'll get him. Ohio State, Nebraska, and Oklahoma are his top 3 right now.

Note: Joey Williams is a prime example of a guy who's ratings I edit. A guy who's 6'5, 246 should not have 51 strength, 51 stiff arm, 58 trucking. His elusiveness is really high, so no reason to have 45 spin and 54 juke. Probably not getting this guy, I'll edit him regardless of where he goes. I'm gonna make a big push for him in the offseason, maybe go all in. He's like 40% locked right now.

Now I'm gonna give you a look at some up and coming recruits.

2015 Prospects

T Uriah Thomas: 6'6, 296, out of Akron, OH. Good pass blocker, long and decently quick. Not the strongest, not great run blocker.

T Darius Marshall: 6'8, 330, out of Cleveland Heights, OH. He's really good. I don't think we have much of a shot at him. Super strong, amazing run blocker. Quick for such a big guy. Ohio State and Cincy really like him.

HB Tony Bradford: 6'1, 190, out of Chicago, IL. Saw him at a tournament. Great top end speed, has some power. Agility and moves are lacking, can't catch.

2016 Prospects

Rashaun Jamison: 6'2, 205, out of Key West, FL. Beast press corner. And he's BUILT. Legit 205, and he's a junior right now. He's not fast, but he can stick with a guy. Really agile. Can hit too, will probably move to safety.

2017 Prospects

CB Deion Karat: 6'3, 182, out of Westlake. Like I've said before, he's incredible. Great cover corner. No one knows about him yet. He's only a sophomore, and he's locking up guys that are going to major P5 schools. Still cocky as hell, still kind of an idiot, maybe he'll mature. But he can really play. He's a lock for the NFL if he gets his mind right.

DT RJ McKinley: 6'4, 305, out of Winnipeg, CN. This guy is massive, and he could still grow. Great run stuffer, absolutely manhandled guys 2-3 years older than him. He's transferring to IMG Academy in Florida next year. He'll play college ball wherever he wants.

SWARM COMMITS (through week 10)

Verbal

2* T Matt Marshall

1* JUCO JR CB Ray Ashley

3* CB Michael Freeman

Signed

3* ATH Matt Schneider

2* TE Kenny Jackson

2* DE Tyrone Bush

2* MLB Zac Clark

1* JUCO JR DT Chris Miller

1* K Lance Moore

1* P Chad Crum

Last edited by young22; 08-22-2017 at 12:56 PM.