View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 11:04 AM   #6
jeebs9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2K has become a game of "Highlights" instead of basketball - are badges to blame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I don't think you need badges for that though... Just make differences in ratings more dramatic and it has a similar effect without the "jump" in odds of things happening.

I remember in old 2K games (or may have been Live?) they just gave every player a "range" rating where you could literally specify to the exact foot where a player was reliably able to hit shots from.

Same thing with giving "flavour/depth", just tie it into ability to access certain animations instead of creating effects that make smart decisions by the defense pointless.
Let me give you a great example that happen recently to me in a H2H match. I agree with what your saying to a point. But I see some holes in what your saying. The problem with the Live formula that your talking about. Is what if a player is only good at 3's. Lets say a Marcus Smart. Smart has to be one of the most inconsistent offense players in the league. He can go from 4 for 4 nights from 3 to 0 for 7 the next night.

But my example.... Recent my cousin and I were playing a 1998 rosters playoff game Knicks vs Pistons. If you don't remember those rosters. Grant Hill/Stackhouse and Ewing/LJ/Houston. I beat my cousin in the first 3 games. And then in game 4 he found a weakness in my defense. I had been forcing him to shoot. But he wasn't taking the shots. In game 5 he started and hitting those shots. Skip ahead in the series. He forces a game 7. One of the players I was give shots to was Chris Mills was hot going into the game. But he misses his first 4 shots and is cold. After that my cousin can't hit any shots with him. I win the series.

I have a question for anyone that doesn't like badges and would like to take them out. Have you guys ever played a few games without them before? I haven't this year. But I have in the past. And I can tell you it's not fun.

Think about All-Time greats. How would we make them All time greats?