View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 08:29 AM   #19
Rob_NYY
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What mode do you play primarily?

Franchise mode as always. My goal in baseball games going back to Bases Loaded on NES has always been to take my team to the end and be the last team standing.

However, in 17 I found myself playing RTTS more often because Franchise mode has become quite stale and something about the menu's last year just seemed too dark and it was sort of a drag for some reason.

But I'm positive I will return to primarily Franchise mode in 18. The new layout of the mode looks fantastic and I'm glad retirements have finally been fixed. I just wish they did more, there is so much missing from the mode. I'm hopeful next year we get the big Franchise improvements.

I also play RTTS and random exhibition games from time-to-time to play as other teams. I play retro mode a bit with friends/family when they come over. I'd play it more if I could play with friends online.

I never touch DD. Hate that mode. I tried it last year and just couldn't stand it. Playing against other players who take advantage of every shortcut they can in their silly neon pink uniforms playing with teams with a mix of current stars, long retired players and people who have been dead for decades just isn't for me.