Old 08-23-2020, 08:23 AM   #4
Krebstar
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2K21 Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

FAQ

What about tougher courses?
I do plan on creating a different set of generators for the tiers for use with courses or events that are traditionally more difficult.

Is there a certain order you generate scores?
Personally, I sort everyone by their tier, then name. Then, I generate scores based on the worst tier, to the best. So if it’s the first round, I generate the scores needed for all of the tier 5 players if there are any, and then so on. After each round, I always sort the leaderboard again by tier, then name, and generate again. I do not generate scores based on the leaderboard position, as I’d be jumping around too much.

I will generate scores based on my position, though. If I’m doing poorly after the first round, I’m going to play my round before I generate scores. If I’m leading going into the final day, I’m going to generate all scores before I play my round, and so on.

Do you track/handle cuts?
Yes, after the second round scores are all input, I cut the field roughly down to 70, just like real life. I replace the rank in the leaderboard with CUT (although it’s in there now by default) and make sure to leave the ROUNDS column on 2 for those who were cut, but their EVENTS column is still of course at 1, as they did play that event. From there, I only generate scores for the players remaining.

Why is [name] in that tier? Why is [name] not included?
I’m a casual golf observer, so I did my best. As for someone not included, I either missed them entirely, or it didn’t seem to me they play on the PGA tour often.

Version Notes

Version 1.1
  • Reordered the 03_Events file to have the TOTAL column directly after the round scores, and the PAR column further to the right.

Last edited by Krebstar; 08-29-2020 at 03:52 PM.