View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 10:58 AM   #7
TitanUP2
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matchpoint Tennis Championships Available Now For PC and Xbox Game Pass Subscribe

I was kind of excited for this game enough where I went and pre-installed it. I'm a casual tennis player & been watching Wimbledon so I had an itch to work on my digital backhand.

Got a chance to play over the past couple of days and I'm actually enjoying the game. But I will say I'm glad it's on gamepass cause I don't believe it's worth the full price tag. You can certainly tell it's a 1st entry in a series due to everything is bare bones & needs some polish.

Especially in career mode where it you just grind to improve your ranking but nothing to make it worth that grind. Also the player creation is extremely limited, which IMO dulls out the career mode. I feel tennis is personal sport in that the "team/entity" people fall in love with is a person. If you can't make your character as personalized as you want then what's the point.

Old sports game gripe coming.......BTW how in the year 2022 do we have sports games where you can't scan in your face into the game or do like MLB the show or NBA2k where you have 30 million options/sliders to edit the player model to at least make it look like you? We can do better.

What I do enjoy about the game and has I think is a good foundation to build is the gameplay. Yes it's a little rough with the warping by the AI and controls having moments where it seems to lag. But winning a long rally with laser down the line after setting your opponent feels like you won a grand slam. And the exact opposite when your the one getting smoked, which that emotional roller coaster you ride with every point is what tennis is about!

I will say once they polish the gameplay, add more customization, more in depth career mode, along with more real players/venues to the game this could be something.

Last edited by TitanUP2; 07-09-2022 at 11:01 AM.