View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 02:37 PM   #3
kennylc321
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Expansion Franchise: OKC Night Hawks

I would allow yourself to ability to sign one major FA. When the expansion draft happens, the other teams often make available players whose contracts they are trying to get rid of.

But I do like what you have here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared16evans
The Washington Commanders have been sold to the Smith family, of Sonic Drive-in fame. Troy Smith Jr. had the team moved to Oklahoma City and named the Night Hawks. There is no proof, but it's believed that Dan Snyder had his GM get rid of all of the players on the roster. A few of the top players were traded for early draft picks, which can only be assumed was a ploy to keep suspicion off of them.

Enter Jared Evans, the new coach and GM of the Night Hawks. After a rough off-season of only being able to sign low level and/or aging talent, they had to decide where to use their #6 and #8 picks. Having been an offensive lineman and a successful College Offensive coordinator, he went with Danny Tatum the top guard out of Virginia and Montell Sears the highest rated tackle coming from Alabama. The Night Hawks ended up selecting another offensive lineman in the 2nd round making 3 of their 5 starters on the line rookies.

The QB room is led by veteran back-up Colt McCoy but 5th round rookie Mike Dickens took the job over in week 3 after almost leading a comeback against the Dolphins in week 2. Colt has been very supportive of Mike and has said "I just hope he continues to improve and win over this coaching staff, I would hate to see him get replaced before he gets a real opportunity here."

Stay tuned for more Night Hawks news, check out the twitch channel - Monday, Wednesday and Saturday Nights starting at 8 PM central time.