Thread: Roster size
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 10:45 PM   #2
Greenevol
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Roster size

I disagree. I too like the dynasty mode almost as much as the entire game (Ive been playing nothing but The College Years in anticipation of NCAA 2004's dynasty mode).

But 55 is the perfect size. When you actually play the game in season mode, you dont use anywhere near 55 players. If you win the national title, youd have 3 and 4 star players who sit the bench for thier 4 years. There's just no need for the extra 30 players.

If EA were somehow able to find ways to make the extra players more interesting I could see it. Maybe if they added things like academics, NCAA infractions, players transferring for various reasons, more injuries, or ways that those extra 30 players might come into play, 85 players might actually mean something.

As it is now, its just warm bodies riding the pine. For now, there is absolutely no reason to put that 4th string LB in the game.

And it also makes recruiting much more interesting, you cant just go and sweep up 25 players. Youve got 15, 20 at very most, recruits to bring in per class, you better not miss on a prime target.

I wouldnt mind larger rosters, but its pretty low on the list for me.