View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 12:29 AM   #7
cliburn
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: What college/NFL players have your high school produced?

Quote:

SSilentstorm7 said:
My high school
Pro:
Martin Chase(Think he used to play w/ the redskins)
College:
Larry Burdine(Oklahoma)
D.J. Wolfe(Oklahoma)Freshman
Jake Ratliff(Texas Tech)Freashman

Other high schools in the same city
Pro:
Mike Minter(Panthers)
College:
Antonio Perkins(Oklahoma)

These are all the ones I know of the top of my head, but there's more.

For Eisenhower there is:
Jake Ratliff- Signed with Tech this February
D.J. Wolfe- Signed with OU this February
Martin Chase- OU and several NFL teams as a DT. I think he is with the Saints or Redskins right now.
Ismail Simpson- Currently an OL starter at Stanford
Nick Cole- Same at New Mexico State
Paul Francis- CB at Oklahoma State
Larry Birdine- Currently a DE at OU

For Lawton High there is:
Aso Pogi- QB at Oklahoma State who set freshman passing records before almost dying in a car accident and never got his game back.
Charlie Ward- Currently a DB at Oklahoma State
Andrew Alexander- Currently a 5'7" 175 pound something or other at Oklahoma State. He was a runningback, but he can't take the pounding in the BigXII. Believe me, he's no Sproles. I'll list him as a slot receiver/KR/PR.
Dewell Brewer- OU and Indianapolis Colts
Will Shields- Nebraska and Kansas City Chiefs
Antonio Perkins- OU
Daryl Gardener- Baylor and Miami Dolphins and Denver Broncos
James Trapp- Clemson and several NFL teams. Won title of NFL's Fastest Man one year.
Mike Minter- Nebraska and Carolina Panthers
Antonio Perkins- Current CB and PR at OU
Charles Thompson- QB at OU. Was the guy in the orange jumpsuit on the infamous SI cover that had the subtitle, "How Barry Switzer's Sooners Terrorized Campus."
For MacArthur (my alma mater):
Jammal Brown- Current All-American RT for OU and former teammate of mine.
Rod Fisher- RB at OU before injuring his knee and never being the same. Was a coach of mine at the same school.
Mac hasn't really put out a whole lot of D-1 guys, but Lawton High and Eisenhower have. There really are a ton more D-1 guys from Lawton, but I can't remember them all. Eisenhower put out a record eleven D-1 players the Spring after they won the USA Today National Title in 1990. Lawton High has had a lot too. I think six or seven guys from LHS's 1988 State Title team (Who I believe were like second or third in USA Today's Poll) went D-1. Kelly Stinnett, a catcher who has played with several MLB teams, was the QB for that team.

Lawton was in a slump as far as D-1 talent is concerned for a while, but I think it's back on track. We have some great football here. Lawton High has won a few titles as well as Ike. Unfortunately, Mac has lost the title game four times, including this year's.

Class 5A and, especially, 6A have both been dominated by the eastern half of the state. Hopefully, that will change soon.