Home

(New Poll) What current or upcoming sporting event has you the most excited?

This is a discussion on (New Poll) What current or upcoming sporting event has you the most excited? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What current or upcoming sporting event has you the most excited?
MLB Spring Training 214 33.39%
NFL Free Agency & Draft 149 23.24%
March Madness 221 34.48%
New PGA Season 4 0.62%
New NASCAR Season 14 2.18%
I'll stick to my PC & Console sports gaming 39 6.08%
Voters: 641. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2005, 12:11 AM   #17
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: (New Poll) What current or upcoming sporting event has you the most excited?

As much as I love Wake Forest and as great a season as they are having, RIGHT NOW, I am more looking forward to the the NFL offseason. So many great stories. The draft is going to be wild I have a feeling. A concensus number 1 really hasn't emerged yet IMO, although I know the workouts are yet to take place. But you've got the great players the Titans let go and the other cap casualties, the Dolphins rebuilding, the Bengals and Bears need to come up big I think, the Moss trade to Oakland already, new QBs in new places, the Pats offseaon in their run for 4 in a row, Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers, the Cardinals could be very exciting next year, my own Panthers offseason, and so much more.

Probably after selection Sunday, my mind will change, but right now it's the NFL.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:14 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: (New Poll) What current or upcoming sporting event has you the most excited?

NFL Draft and Free Agency followed by March Madness and then Spring Training.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:01 AM   #19
Joey Bats

y2dan's Arena

OVR: 6

March Madness, followed by MLB Spring Training.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2dan
March Madness, followed by MLB Spring Training.
I second that...I am one who just doesn't get into sports' off-season junk. Too much on-field/on-court action to care about all of Hollywood-style hyped drafts. MLB's free agent movings is probably the lone exception.

Although I am more inclined toward excitement over my own MLB and March Madness gaming experience than the other "real life" counterparts. (And NBA playoffs and Stanley Cup playoffs. Now if only all of the nice-looking NASCAR games hadn't been buried by EA's licensing . . .
Old 03-02-2005, 12:06 AM   #21
*ns*rt W*tty T*tl* H*r*

Hellfish76's Arena

OVR: 13

NFL draft and free agency! Followed up with a healthy (or unhealthy depending on who you ask) dose of video games
You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it! You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! -The Tick

Play Ultimate!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

March Madness
Old 03-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Even with all of MLB's warts there is still something special about Spring Training. If you're a fan it just runs in your blood and this time of year makes you start to get excited. No matter how hard the players, owners, TV tries to ruin the game, the game is what matters and it is still special.

However. I voted for March Madness. I mean really when you get down to it. The single best month of sports there is. Better than Bowl season, and College Football is my favorite sport. If we had a playoff.......oh I can't even think about that.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:40 PM   #24
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

while I'm really anticipating March Madness, I voted for the NFL draft, that's just one day of fun sitting and seeing what each team is doing. Once we have the draft the NFL's pretty quiet until training camp, so it's best to try and get as much of it as we can.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »