Home

Draft Day Approaches

This is a discussion on Draft Day Approaches within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
by Brian Krich

OVR: 1
Draft Day Approaches

Well the holiest of all holy days in the NFL off-season is quickly approaching. Of course I am talking about the NFL draft. The rumors, misinformation, and flat out lies are starting to fly.

Some random Pre-Draft Thoughts:

-I know everyone is...{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Draft Day Approaches

No comments?

Is it just me or were the points about the Chargers WR, Carlos Rogers and Matt Jones made last week?

BK just to offer some suggestions:

- I'd like to see more of your posting style in your blogs. You're knowledgable and opinionated (not in a bad way) which makes for some excellent reading.

- Give us more! You probably have more football experience than anybody on this board so personally, I'd like to see more insights from that experience and knowledge. Using the Carlos Rogers point: Most of us can say "Carlos Rogers is going to be a good player" but there aren't as many of us who can say why Carlos Rogers is going to be a good player and why he's better than Adam Jones or Antrell Rolle, which you did. Give us more of that.

All that being said, I know it's intended to be more random thoughts than an article so my comments might not be applicable. I just wanted to tell you what I'd like to see as a reader and football fan.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
No comments?

Is it just me or were the points about the Chargers WR, Carlos Rogers and Matt Jones made last week?

BK just to offer some suggestions:

- I'd like to see more of your posting style in your blogs. You're knowledgable and opinionated (not in a bad way) which makes for some excellent reading.

- Give us more! You probably have more football experience than anybody on this board so personally, I'd like to see more insights from that experience and knowledge. Using the Carlos Rogers point: Most of us can say "Carlos Rogers is going to be a good player" but there aren't as many of us who can say why Carlos Rogers is going to be a good player and why he's better than Adam Jones or Antrell Rolle, which you did. Give us more of that.

All that being said, I know it's intended to be more random thoughts than an article so my comments might not be applicable. I just wanted to tell you what I'd like to see as a reader and football fan.
This is exactly what I am looking for. I am still sort of feeling my way around the blog stuff, and getting my style as I go. Any input is always appreciated.

Thank You.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

as a Miami supporter I know I'm a little bias but I expect Rolle to be a big time player seeing that "Da U." seems to place nothing but big time players in the NFL. With Rolle's size and pass rushing abilities I can see him as a Ronnie Lott type player...now I better clarify that statement before I get ripped for it...I mean I can see him starting at CB for a year or 2 then dominating as a Safety. How does everyone feel about Frank Gore? Miami HB's have been stellar of late but Gore's knees would not let me draft him anytime before round 5 just my opinion. Onto my favorite team the Philadelphia Eagles who could be the draft day mover and shaker, with 5 picks early and 15 overall watch out for Andy Reid to be VERY busy on Draft day.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:46 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 32

Cedric Benson the 4th best RB? That seems way out there, can you justify that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
Cedric Benson the 4th best RB? That seems way out there, can you justify that?
I am not high on him as a pro prospect. I see him as a tweener who's neither an exceptionally powerful runner, nor does he have enough shake and speed to really be overly elusive. Some of the things he got away with in college I don't think he'll be able to get away with in college. I think he lacks that burst to the hole, and I don't see him as an exceptionally strong run finisher.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am not high on him as a pro prospect. I see him as a tweener who's neither an exceptionally powerful runner, nor does he have enough shake and speed to really be overly elusive. Some of the things he got away with in college I don't think he'll be able to get away with in college. I think he lacks that burst to the hole, and I don't see him as an exceptionally strong run finisher.
Ill say, in fact, it seems like you are rating him at 4 just for the sake of posterity. Maybe on your list you can put a brief note of interest, such as what you said about Benson.

Also, do you get the NFL Network BK? Have you heard what Mayock said about Johnson (OLB from Texas)? He raises a good point and it will be interesting to pay attention to goind forward.

Last edited by glucklich; 04-20-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:08 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
Ill say, in fact, it seems like you are rating him at 4 just for the sake of posterity. Maybe on your list you can put a brief note of interest, such as what you said about Benson.

Also, do you get the NFL Network BK? Have you heard what Mayock said about Johnson (OLB from Texas)? He raises a good point and it will be interesting to pay attention to goind forward.
Nothing to do with posterity. I said it at the beginning of last year. I just don't think he translates to the NFL well. For the exact reasons I stated.

I do have NFL Network, but with baseball season in full swing reall haven't been watching it. What did Mayock say about Johnson?

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »