Home

The New Frontier

This is a discussion on The New Frontier within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2005, 04:15 PM   #1
by Shawn Drotar

Splinters From The Pine's Arena

OVR: 0
The New Frontier

Well, I'm back.
After a stint in the hospital from some evil Martian virus or something and few weeks of recovery, I'm back at the desk - and just in time for E3!
Sorry about the delay...

Just to get this out in public now - despite the fact...{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2005, 05:02 PM   #2
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The New Frontier

That was an excellent read Shawn, and the best interpretation of what as of now has transpired in these upcoming Next Gen wars.

I agree with everything you stated in that article 100%. I think MS has definately not dropped the ball with the Asian market this time around.

I also believe that their implementation of Live on their X Box 360 will only add more people the the growing list of the best and most well made online aspect of their console.

My two thumbs up on your great read bro.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:07 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Great article!

I may not agree with everything you said but I can see your argument and it's definitely the strongest argument for MS' potential future success i've read on this site.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-13-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
Great article!

I may not agree with everything you said but I can see your argument and it's definitely the strongest argument for MS' potential future success i've read on this site.
That could never be more true. That is the reason I loved the read so much. It is the most compelling argument I've read as of late.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:47 PM   #5
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Microsoft has certainly come out guns blazing for 360 with a cornucopia of information. Sony on the other hand has remained virtually silent (which should end next week) but it's important to remember Microsoft is chasing Sony, not the other way around. Both companies are going after the same dollars and consumer.

Like I mentioned in another thread, the real winner in the next-gen wars is you and I, the consumer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2005, 05:03 PM   #6
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

I still think MS is way behind on a global scale, but they're closing in on the North American market. I still think if Rockstar has GTA game ready for launch with the PS3, it's gonna be hell for MS. Plus, I believe most PS2 users will in fact stay loyal and buy a PS3 solely on that fact that it's Sony. Just hope they don't mess with that controller!
Old 05-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #7
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
I still think MS is way behind on a global scale, but they're closing in on the North American market. I still think if Rockstar has GTA game ready for launch with the PS3, it's gonna be hell for MS. Plus, I believe most PS2 users will in fact stay loyal and buy a PS3 solely on that fact that it's Sony. Just hope they don't mess with that controller!
I'm not totally convinced that people will buy a PS3 solely based on loyalty...definitely could happen though.

Anyways, great article Shawn, I'm personally mostly in agreement...I'd never really made all those connections, but it really isn't the specs now as it is how everything else is done.

Oh, one more thing to consider that I just thought of: Back in '94, when the Playstation came out, Nintendo decided to stay on with cartridges for the N64, whereas Sony had the CD's...I don't think there's anything hardware like that which could prove critical when we look back on whatever happened in this new console release time period, but I'm wondering if online/integration might be something to consider. Personally I really dislike how PS2 did online play. I have to create a new login for every game basically, that just doesn't make sense. More inconvenient things like this, for either system, and they start to add up. Just stuff to ponder

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »