Home

Posts I'll Never Understand #2

This is a discussion on Posts I'll Never Understand #2 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #9
*ns*rt W*tty T*tl* H*r*

Hellfish76's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Posts I'll Never Understand #2

another fine article Mark
You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it! You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! -The Tick

Play Ultimate!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:10 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

The person's post was obviously made by someone who was a die hard 2k fan and is upset that EA has pretty much ended the title by the exclusive
deal. Did anyone really think that the poster was mad EA was stealing features? I seriously doubt it.How does this fall under "posts I'll never understand"?. The person is upset and is lashing out at EA in the only forum they have-these forums. It may be a giant waste of time but is someone allowed to vent? And, if a flamewar is the concern, this article may add much more to the problem than the solution. Just an opposing view, that's all.

Last edited by Troller; 07-21-2005 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:59 PM   #11
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troller
The person's post was obviously made by someone who was a die hard 2k fan and is upset that EA has pretty much ended the title by the exclusive
deal. Did anyone really think that the poster was mad EA was stealing features? I seriously doubt it.
Then he probably shouldn't post he was.

Quote:
How does this fall under "posts I'll never understand"?
Because I don't understand it. Hence the name of the blog entry.

I don't understand blind fanboyism. ESPN was by far my favorite football series ... it doesn't mean I need to abandon rational thought.

Quote:
It may be a giant waste of time but is someone allowed to vent?
Yes, I am allowed to vent. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:15 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

Point taken. I decided to place a alterior point of view to spice up the conversation a little, just so it wouldn't be a complete Fossen love fest.

Last edited by Troller; 07-22-2005 at 01:17 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:45 AM   #13
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

nothing wrong with some Fossen love.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:36 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4

madden stole more than 5 features man. another thing i don't give a rats azz what features they take from 2k5 and put in madden, if the gameplay is still the same then they can keep it. alot of companies borrow from each other man, but to just straighjt jack others and pass it off as new is just plain wrong. weekly prep and vip profiles were the most innovative thing i have see in football in all my yrs. of playing football. ok to an extent.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:56 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

With the caveat that I did not read the actual post and what I am sure was the massive fallout therefrom, the poster's point may very well have been more about Madden being unoriginal (at least now) and possibly setting itself up for stagnancy without any competitors' ideas from which to draw (or, if you prefer, to steal).

So, I agree with most of the substance of the article, but I don't think the article is relevant to the argument at hand. At least from the portion of the post quoted in the article, the poster is not angry at EA for stealing, he simply is worried that EA with stagnate now that it has no competitor from which to steal. So, while we may all agree with what the article says (for instance, we may all wish competitors stole more from one another in search of the perfect game), the article really does not respond to the post.

For the record, I disagree with the poster as well. EA originated virtually everything with respect to what we now recognize as the hybrid arcade/simulation football game, and every year comes out with new ideas to make the series better (for example, this year's passing cones). Moreover, with the new gaming systems ready to launch, new horizons are in sight. EA, Madden, and all of us will be just fine.

Last edited by ChicagoSparty; 07-23-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 03:13 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
EA originated virtually everything with respect to what we now recognize as the hybrid arcade/simulation football game, and every year comes out with new ideas to make the series better (for example, this year's passing cones). Moreover, with the new gaming systems ready to launch, new horizons are in sight. EA, Madden, and all of us will be just fine.
Yeah but until the 2k series we where missing on important aspect of the modern day video football game.....The Strafe on Defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »