Home

Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06)

This is a discussion on Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most?
Xbox 360 1,075 56.02%
Playstation 3 592 30.85%
Revolution 99 5.16%
All of them 118 6.15%
None of them 35 1.82%
Voters: 1919. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2005, 08:06 PM   #17
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06)

360 for me. I'll look at the other systems once they get old and the price goes down. I already preordered NBA 2k6 for the 360
Old 09-06-2005, 08:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06)

i think that everybody is saying xbox 360 because it come's out earlier but when the ps3 come's out is gonna blow any console away!
Old 09-06-2005, 10:22 PM   #19
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKCREW1
i think that everybody is saying xbox 360 because it come's out earlier but when the ps3 come's out is gonna blow any console away!
Just having the Blue Ray drive alone is costing Sony $100 per machine. Sony can't afford to take a loss on their consoles either...not the way Microsoft can. I can easily see the PS3 being $399.99 without a HDD. Not to mention, what kind of online service are they going to have this time around? That's one area Microsoft has a very firm advantage over Sony, and it will be very difficult for Sony to overcome that. Wait another year to be overcharged by Sony for there "don't think of it as a game machine" PS3? Not. Xbox 360 for me.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
I used to think the same thing but now I now that xbox has positioned itself in a win-win situation. 1.They will beat their competitor by at least 6-12 months to the market.2. They will have a serious advantage in a price war because when sony debuts they will undercut the price and move even more units because the price gap will be even wider, which sony cannot match when the system debuts. 3. What sony is promising will put the console into a price category orbit. A 600 tag and they would still lose money per console.4. Halo 3, the most powerful franchise out right now, will debut when sony releases ps3. Will sony be passed by MS for marketshare? No. Will they lose that gap between the two. Very much so.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:06 PM   #21
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

XB360 easily, I am interested in the PS3 only if they make online Broadband only. I'm sick of all the dial up lag, heck BB can be bad enough but dial-up is downright backwoods nowadays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2005, 02:43 PM   #22
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Well I have my 360 preorderd already, and today that will all change, I'm using the money I put down on my 360 fro NHL06, and then I'm putting the rest to pay for one of the NBA games. I really wanted the 360, but with it not having the HD in the basic system just made me think twice, and then I got a new Car and my money is pretty tight right now, and plus I just thought I would wait for the PS3 to come to make my final choice, I don't want to get the 360 just because it's the first system out, just to have the PS3 to be better and then wan't to trade the 360 in. So I will just hold off and wait, for the first time in my game playing life, this may be the smart thing to do. Plus 360 is all about online gaming too, and I for one could careless about online gaming, just don't have time for it, the time I could play online could be time playing one of my sports game franchise, that just how I look at it, online gaming just never did anything for me.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 09-07-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #23
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

The xbox 360. The release date is not too far off.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:05 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Did you know the XBOX 360 was designed in Japan? Did you know that earlier this year Sony hired a non-Japanese CEO? The companies are becoming more like each other which is bad for Sony.

Sony has lost its grip on digital music to Apple. Now they'll lose their gaming dominance to Microsoft...the writing is on the wall.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »