Home

NHL 08 and NHL 2K8 Interview Questions

This is a discussion on NHL 08 and NHL 2K8 Interview Questions within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 08 and NHL 2K8 Interview Questions

If you have any questions for the Producers of NHL 08 and NHL 2K8, please post them here. We'll have the answers back as soon as possible. Please specify which game you are referring to in the question.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 08 and NHL 2K8 Interview Questions

Will there be user controller saucer passes in NHL 08?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Will their be legend teams and arenas? When doing line changes is the defense seperate from the offense like in 2k's game. These questions are for NHL 08.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Great call Stormy Hog, I'd also love to know if changes will be separate for forward and defensive lines in NHL 08.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

already posted this in the NHL 08 forum but it's also fitting for NHL 2K8, so...

Will the game allow the ability, when playing a season/franchise game, to invite a friend in to play as coop (teamates) online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

Leagues and tournaments? If not when will EA be adding this. Ranked and Unranked is a little last gen don't ya think...
Old 08-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs down Re: NHL 08 and NHL 2K8 Interview Questions

Question for BOTH NHL 08 & NHL 2K8

1) Why haven't developers adopted a TRUE PLAYABLE BROADCAST CAMERA (set in a fixed position at centre ice; pivots to each end of the rink showing each zone on an angle), like the one we see for EVERY NHL game on TV?

We keep talking about 'next-gen', but as long as we keep playing hockey 'up-and-down' like a glorified HD pinball game, we'll never see the kind of REAL REPRESENTATION of the sport we love on our videogame consoles.

Granted, hockey is best played up-and-down in order to track player and puck movement, but why not provide players with the OPTION to use an actual 'TV Broadcast' Camera... and I'm not talking about the highly unrealistic 'side' camera or the camera that EA calls 'broadcast'... because their current cameras 'slide' back-and-forth instead of pivoting from a fixed position.

Sorry for my rant.

Cozmicoz
Old 08-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #8
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

These questions are for NHL 08.

I shouldn't even have to ask this... but has the player progression glitch in dynasty mode been fixed? It really ruined the dynasty mode for me last year, and if it hadn't been for the fix that someone came up with I probably wouldn't have played it as much as I did.

Also, I really liked the action camera in last years game, but I didn't play with it often because in most cases it didn't show the entire attacking area. By this I mean the area from the blue line to the glass. I would like to play with a camera view like this but it's kinda of hard to cycle the puck around when you can't even see some of the players you need to pass to. So I guess my question would be are the camera views the same as last year or have they been improved? Or even better yet, have some new angles been added?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »