Home

Madden NFL 08 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 08 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #9
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 08 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
No that is the right score that it deserves. Finally a website that keeps it real. Thank you so much operationsports for actually telling it like it is.For saying that there is something wrong with this game than all the other ones that were just saying something nice. OS is authentic now in my eyes from this day forth. This will finally put it in stone that EA is constantly a company that has been getting by fake websites that are biased and never want to say the truth. Thank you OS, thank you.

Agreed.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
No player specific chants, stat overlays, camera angles, varied crowd chants, custom soundtracks, etc. etc. It's just ridiculous...especially in 2007.
Why don't they put in custom soundtracks? So you have to listen to all the crappy songs EA licenses, especially that Ozzy Osbourne one.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm buying an OS t-shirt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #12
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

I also agree with the score. I feel the gameplay is ok but the game gets very boring after a week or 2, and the presentation is horrible.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #13
stewaat

OVR:

I'm not buying Madden 08. I too am a franchise guy and I found this review EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:27 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Unfortunately for everyone who loves football, EA does not. They now see the Madden franchise as simply a cash cow, where name recognition and brand loyalty will sell copies. Madden has gotten worse since 04 and will keep getting low scores until EA starts to care again.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yes it was a spot on review in my opinion as well. I know if I had read this review before hand then it would have been a different story for me in picking up this game. But sadly I jumped the gun and I was let down. Great review and let us hope that Ea will get off it's high horse and get us a quality game next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #16
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Great review.

EA tends to frustrate me because there are things they can do, but simply choose not to. They clearly have the skill and resources to put together good presentation. Considering what 2K was able to do 3 years ago, presentation should not be a problem...Heck even NHL 93 had highlites from other games.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »