Home

NBA 08 Review (PSP)

This is a discussion on NBA 08 Review (PSP) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 08 Review (PSP)

We have just posted our NBA 08 review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
"In the NBA, it’s important for players to know their role and attempt to stay within it. Guys like Shaq and Ben Wallace aren’t going to start floating beyond the 3-point line jacking up 3’s. Earl Boykins isn’t going to go low post. Antoine Walker isn’t going to pass up that jumper and focus exclusively on his defense. Players in the NBA know what they bring to the table and tend to stick with what works.

In the world on NBA games, the NBA series that comes from the team at Sony often flies under the radar for many gamers. Not usually mentioned in the same breath as those two other releases in the hard-court battle for your gaming bucks, the team from SCE Studios – San Diego continues to churn out quality games for the Sony gaming systems. Often equally lost in the shuffle is the fight for hoops supremacy in the portable market. While one of the “big boys” does not even release their title on a handheld platform, NBA 08 brings its wares to the PSP for a second season after a bonafide sleeper last year."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA 08 Review (PSP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
We have just posted our NBA 08 review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
"In the NBA, it’s important for players to know their role and attempt to stay within it. Guys like Shaq and Ben Wallace aren’t going to start floating beyond the 3-point line jacking up 3’s. Earl Boykins isn’t going to go low post. Antoine Walker isn’t going to pass up that jumper and focus exclusively on his defense. Players in the NBA know what they bring to the table and tend to stick with what works.

In the world on NBA games, the NBA series that comes from the team at Sony often flies under the radar for many gamers. Not usually mentioned in the same breath as those two other releases in the hard-court battle for your gaming bucks, the team from SCE Studios – San Diego continues to churn out quality games for the Sony gaming systems. Often equally lost in the shuffle is the fight for hoops supremacy in the portable market. While one of the “big boys” does not even release their title on a handheld platform, NBA 08 brings its wares to the PSP for a second season after a bonafide sleeper last year."
Clay, nice review, but I disagree, I think the game stinks, they never sub your playes or the CPU players, the fatiuge is broken, and theres no franchise mode, and when I simmied a whole season the assits were infalted with Barin Davis leading the leauge with 17.8 a game..This game is just about mini games and it's pretty sad, it should be called "NBA08 Mini game edtion". The game is pretty nonplayable with the fatigue not working at all and lame season mode. Also you can't edit the rosters at all.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 10-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

So you're saying the strength of the game is the Mini-Games? ...and that it's far from SIM? ...and that it's built more for pick and play fun?

Isn't that EXACTLY what the review says???

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
So you're saying the strength of the game is the Mini-Games? ...and that it's far from SIM? ...and that it's built more for pick and play fun?

Isn't that EXACTLY what the review says???
If I was to characterize the comment, without putting words into his mouth, or adding any inference of the same of my own, I would suggest that he is highlighting an incongruity between the numerical score and the text of the actual review

Not that there's anything wrong, or out of the ordinary, with that sentiment

Have fun...............

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »