Home

Inside the Numbers of Major League Baseball 2K8

This is a discussion on Inside the Numbers of Major League Baseball 2K8 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Inside the Numbers of Major League Baseball 2K8

Although Posada had a stud year last year, his defense, mainly his ability of throwing people out really dampers his rating as it should, the one that I don't understand is Aubrey Huff on the top 20 of 3rd basemen, he seems like he lost it the past couple of seasons and really isn't a 3B anymore anyways, also why is Cantu still up there at 2b he is a non-roster invitee for FLA or Marcus Giles, might as well just put Bret Boone back up there.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #10
fishstick

OVR:

Who cares about overall ratings. When you are up to bat is the game calculating based on a batters overall rating or using his contact rating? What about a pitcher - is it overall rating that determine a pitch or is it his control. When your right fielder is throwing home is the game basing calculations on his arm strength or overall raking?

Tell me when 'overall' come into play with the games calculations and I might care. Does it ever or is that just a general rating so someone who isn't a walking encylopedia of baseball can have a rough idea who the better players on the team are.

I would appreciate this article more if they threw out some actual rating to compare rather than the veague overall rating.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 13

umm...the overall rating is a pretty strong number in depicting how well the player performs and the numbers he puts up. We have all been playing games long enough to realize this, not really anything new.
Also, to all you DJ haters...find something else to bitch about..Not good defensively? Can I bring you back to Oakland not to long ago when DJ made "the flip", it wasn't the actual flip that was ridiculous, it was more of the fact that Jeter KNEW the ball would be coming toward the plate and possibly off-line, so he plays his position perfectly. The day Jimmy Rollins ever does that Ill agree with you, even though I made a vow to myself that I would and will never agree with ignorant Philadelphia fans.
Oh yea, and lets not forgot hes got 4 rings...more than any other shortstop has, and will ever have, in our lifetime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you guys got a spreadsheet with every rating can you post it for all of us to see? if not, could you just tell me red sox player ratings please?

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »