Home

NFL Head Coach 09 First Look and Screenshots

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 First Look and Screenshots within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2008, 12:06 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: IGN: NFL Head Coach 09 First Look and Screenshots

i just hope you can play more then 5 min quaters and their are game sliders.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:59 AM   #18
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Hype - Yeah it has my attention. As you read and see the screens you can't help but get a little excited.

Then you look over at the copy of Madden 08 on your shelf & you are brought back down to earth.

Hopefully what has been said is true. That the game is different from 2 years ago.

Is it wishful thinking to think that EA has centered this game around the hardcore football fans?

Again, I'll wait and see!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #19
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Any talk of it ever being released for the PC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 02-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #20
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Hopefully the AI is very very good then I might give it a look. Camera angles & TV presentation is crucial here.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #21
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Is this Tiburon?

Just curious...

EDIT: Nevermind, I just figured it out.

Last edited by ausar72; 02-27-2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Took my lazy self over to IGN to check...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

What makes me unhappy is that because of this game, Madden's franchise mode will never be very good because of Head Coach 09. If they implemented all the offseason/in-season options in Madden where in my opinion it should be, Head Coach would probably have less of a following. Not a ***** just wish Madden had that "IT" factor, a soul, and better gameplay that mimics what we see on TV every Sunday, Monday, and occasionally Thursday and Saturday. Peace.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #23
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I'll wait for it to be out for a bit. I won't be swayed by any previews of EA games. So many times sites just like IGN have hyped up their games just like this.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

All the non game fluff sounds great but one cannot help but wonder if they will ever get the game stuff right.

There are obviously going to be 2 types of games, real time vs sim. Are the stats going to be roughly the same for both modes?

It appears that the quarter length is set to 5 minutes. Lets assume they allow you to change this. Will the other simmed games (i.e. I will only want to play my games) have roughly the same stats as my game that was played at 5 minutes?

Speaking of stats, do you really think that Tiburon are that exact that they will ever get this stuff right. They seem to be pumping up player ratings based on team needs. If I have a West Coast Offense and basically all the players on offense in place I doubt very much that my simmed stats would reflect that type of offence. Played games are slightly different, but then again its using the Madden gameplay engine which will be CPU controlled, you only call the plays....might not work out.

Gameplan. If choose to run more then pass regardless of the situation or score, does anyone actually think the simmed stats would reflect my choices? I choose a specific WR to get at least 70% of targeted passes. Anyone think this will happen?

All the off season stuff doesn't concern me too much because regardless of how I set up my team, if the game doesn't simulate that correctly on gamedays there is absolutely no point in even trying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »