Home

Friday Morning Other Stuff (2-29-08)

This is a discussion on Friday Morning Other Stuff (2-29-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Friday Morning Other Stuff (2-29-08)

So, if you're birthday is today, feel lucky! Only 4 more years until your next one!

Why are there so many idiots on the road today? Seriously, if YOU are the first to stop at a 4 way intersection and EVERYONE is waving at YOU to proceed, you might want to go ahead and do that.

Me and T.J. were talking last night about some funny video gaming moments. We brought up the fact that we have those "Nodder" (taken from the animated movie "Cars") moments, where the next thing you know, you are waking up w/ drool on your chin (this was T.J.) facing a 2nd and 74. I've had a few games myself, where I was down 92-23 in NBA 2K8...Damn 5 second calls!

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: What is your funniest gaming moment?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'er!

mgamcbro2 (40)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
What's up?

I'm sleep walking today as I had to work the Cal-Washington State game last night from our studios here on the east coast. I didn't get home and in bed until 3am eastern. Now it's 8:30am eastern and I'm right back at work. At least I get to go home early today...zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sunday's going to be REALLY cool. All football season long last year, I belonged to this Buffalo Bills fan club at this sports bar here in town. The club was put together by the family of Bills LB Angelo Crowell. He's from Winston-Salem. Well, as part of being in the club, this Sunday, we're having a meet & greet with him at that same sports bar. It's gonna be awesome, meeting the defensive MVP of the 2007 Buffalo Bills. I'll be sure to post some pictures!

QOTD:

I may have a "nodder" moment typing this response. Funniest gaming moment had to be when I finally lost a game of NCAA Football '98 on the original Playstation in my college dorm. About 10 of us played through 2 or 3 seasons where I was unbeaten and won the national title each year. Even in friendly exhibitions, nobody had ever beaten me in that game.

Well...when I finally lost a game, we had such a huge crowd from the dorms sitting in there watching, you'd think it was a real game going on. When the final gun sounded and I lost by 2, they all mobbed Brandon (the guy who beat me) like he had just won the Super Bowl.

I still won the National Title that year, BTW. That was with East Carolina, I believe.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 02-29-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Friday Morning Other Stuff (2-29-08)

QOTD: My buddy and I were playing MLB 07 the Show on PS3 last year, Indians In Minnesota. Bottom of the 7th I believe, I was down 1 as the Tribe. All the sudden I was batting, but the announcers were calling it as if the Twins were batting. When I scored the runs counted for the Indians.

Pretty crazy glitch that never happened again.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 35

Looking forward to a pretty uneventful weekend.

QOTD: When I first got Rock Band and we were playing with my wife's family, my wife's cousin's husband got on the microphone and belted out "Mississippi Queen" while girating around with the mic. Everyone was cracking up.

Another one was when my cousin and I were playing my uncle in Tecmo Bowl. After we won, my uncle spiked the controller in anger and it exploded into a bunch of pieces. We still laugh about it from time to time.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

QOTD: I went to a Madden Ballers tournament in Chicago while I was at school (ND) and I was facing a Madden Challenge winner in my first game. Well first let me say I was one of two white people out of about 30 people...definitely didn't look like I belonged.

This was on PS2...when Vick was on the cover. Anyways after 1st round matchups were set everyone kept saying how bad I was going to lose...

So basically I take a huge lead because I play straight...honestly nobody else did...they weren't expecting it! All these guys are watching the game in disbelief and he eventually starts coming back on me...I hear all these people saying "white boy got skills on the sticks" and they're actually betting on our game whether or not he'll come back. He has a chance to tie it up late in the game but can't get the two-point conversion. He was the Eagles, I was the Vikings...McNabb and Culpepper were nasty on the game...however I didn't really scramble at all.

I make it to the semi-finals and get beat by guess who...the Falcons.

I thought this whole ordeal was funny...I didn't expect it to be quite like that!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
QOTD: What is your funniest gaming moment?
I would have to say the summer of 2005 (NCAA Football 06). While being a bachelor my brother, a friend of ours and I had three PS2's all in the same room playing online like it was a mini network. We played like a round robin beating up on this one cheeser, not to mention had a keg for that opening weekend of the games release. I think we played that game all weekend long. The good ol times.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

QOTD.. probably that stupid Brett Farve glitch that cost me a SB win in Madden 08.. losing by 3, getting the ball back with less than a minute to play & trying to drive.. on 4th down & 5, I drop back to pass and I see good old #5 doing this break dance, no one can sack him, the go out of bounds thing...
Old 02-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

QOTD: I don't really have funny moments in videogaming but once when I was a kid everyone was at our house and I was playing Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. I had gotten the code to fight Tyson so needless to say I was showing them me losing to Tyson. Anywho I was pretty close to beating him at one point but I got knocked out. I yelled out F#^$#! and my father heard me and punched me right in the face for swearing. I ran upstairs and never came back down again for the rest of the night.

As for this weekend....I dunno what i'm doing. So i'll just play it by ear.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »