Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 Screenshots - The Stadiums

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 Screenshots - The Stadiums within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Screenshots - The Stadiums

It baffles me that the people at 2k don't pay enough attention to detail as the fans of the game do. There is no excuse.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsaholic
It baffles me that the people at 2k don't pay enough attention to detail as the fans of the game do. There is no excuse.
If they paid attention to detail like a lot of fans do, the game wouldn't ship until December. It would be like:

"Oops, Dice K's eyebrows are too dark. I gotta go in and change that."

"The stripes on the Yankees uniform are too close. Let me move them over a few millimeters."

"Aw man!! Who in the hell made his eye-black too thin!!!!!!"Oh well, gotta change it."

Think about it; If MLB 2k8 was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, and MLB 2k9 was the same, people would say "I'm not spending $60 on a freakin' roster update."

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 02-29-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
If they paid attention to detail like a lot of fans do, the game wouldn't ship until December. It would be like:

"Oops, Dice K's eyebrows are too dark. I gotta go in and change that."

"The stripes on the Yankees uniform are too close. Let me move them over a few millimeters."

"Aw man!! Who in the hell made his eye-black too thin!!!!!!"Oh well, gotta change it."

Think about it; If MLB 2k8 was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, and MLB 2k9 was the same, people would say "I'm not spending $60 on a freakin' roster update."
I guess my frustration is not necessarily about eyebrows or uniform stripes, more that other games seemed to have more accurate stadiums, heck the best stadiums I have ever seen were in 2K's The Bigs.

My guess is that if EA buys Take 2, they'll start with The Bigs code instead of 2K8's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #12
Rookie

Well what erks me is that honestly there is NO excuse what so ever for certain stadiums to not be fixed for over 3 years. I think if 2k went out each year and worked on a small portion of the stadiums each year by now or next year they would all be fixed. I understand with all the improvements this year Next year i better c this game running at 60fps NO dropping, and completely redone stadiums if not 2k can eat me and i will never buy a 2k baseball game again, cause there will be no excuse NONE!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #13
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Toronto's Rogers Center still looks wrong too...

no digital boards on the outfield walls
Old 02-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #14
Rookie

Yea i what i dont understand is that the bigs looks better then MLB2k8 why dont they some of those graphics first the stadiums like the poster obove me said look great.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #15
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

At least it looks like they have true capacity crowds this year. I hated in 2K7 when I'd be playing the Mets in the Subway Series and there would be way too many scattered empty seats.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
At least it looks like they have true capacity crowds this year. I hated in 2K7 when I'd be playing the Mets in the Subway Series and there would be way too many scattered empty seats.
Yes, but at least last year's game had seats. They took out the seats in this game to optimize for 60 FPS.

Hopefully they can find ways to up the graphics and maintain 60 FPS next year.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »