Home

EA Selects Darren McFadden as the First of Four Cover Athletes for NCAA Football 09

This is a discussion on EA Selects Darren McFadden as the First of Four Cover Athletes for NCAA Football 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Selects Darren McFadden as the First of Four Cover Athletes for NCAA Football

Since I'm this game's bitch, It will be the same as always for me. Hope for the best, expect the worst, buy the game on release day for sure, see how bad the worse gameplay and A.I. flaws are, see what slider adjustments can be made to minimize these flaws, play Dynasty mode until I can't take the flaws any more, wait again for 2010.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: EA Selects Darren McFadden as the First of Four Cover Athletes for NCAA Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Since I'm this game's bitch, It will be the same as always for me. Hope for the best, expect the worst, buy the game on release day for sure, see how bad the worse gameplay and A.I. flaws are, see what slider adjustments can be made to minimize these flaws, play Dynasty mode until I can't take the flaws any more, wait again for 2010.

LOL, i'll be right there with you brotha!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #19
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

I skipped NCAA the past few years, so hopefully it'll be a big improvement over 2006.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #20
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Dennis Dixon for PS3 cover athlete!

That would be the only reason I buy this game
Old 03-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I feel the same way. During college football season I would get all excited and want to play a game but when I put the game in I play for 5 minutes and just turn it off cause it's boring as hell.
Amen! Yes, the game was SO boring last year. It was not even really the turnovers that drove me away from the game, but the fact it was SO boring. If they don't improve on that and get better presentation and maybe some referees on the field for crying out loud, I will be disappointed. Unfortunately, I think I am falling into the trap of buying this game again...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I feel you on that. It's like, I know the game won't be overly improved, and even if it is, they'll still manage to mess something else up.

Plus, after the individualization of the APF players, it felt silly in NCAA when the only real thing you had to do on offense was flick the right stick up and the players would magically make whatever move was needed.

That said, I know that on the second or third Tuesday in July, I'll have the game in hand.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm mostly concerned about the gameplay issues of 08 and I hope they've seriously fixed those FIRST before they began putting a lot of effort into the new content. The last thing I want is a couple pretty new features slapped on already broken.

That being said, the big #2 is the presentation! I know i'm not the only one here who is sick of garbage presentation in EA's sports games. Its sad when NFL 2K5's presentation still outclasses EA football games today. I'm a fan of NCAA Football because I love NCAA Football. I play this game for the virtual immersion of NCAA Football and its darn hard to get that feeling when the game doesn't even play out like like a college football, EA!!

Noisy/Rowdy stadiums, pre game field rushes by the teams, bands, crowd pans, shots of the sidelines (especially the coaches as its done on TV all the time), chants, these are subset of the essence of college football so put them in the darn game!!! And you know what? How about a post-game field rush by fans following a huge upset or big victory over your archrival or something?

And addition to that, how about the freakin' standard presentation of elements of football, period such as on-field referees, actual visuals of referees calling penalties, close measurements by the chain gang, and how about an injured player actually being tended to and helped off the field instead of everybody looking the other way while he just lays there in the middle of field.

Solid presentation can tremendously affect my enjoyment of the game EA is LONG overdue to put some actual effort into it.

Last edited by VWarrior; 03-06-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #24
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

One good thing is since all pro came out after a long hiatus it was still innovative. I'm hoping EA gets that innovative spirit back like they did for 05. I know I'm not the only one when they first showed 2k5 who was like "how the hell is Madden gonna top this?" This is a make or break year for EA. The college game better get right. The hell with the ESPN radio updates I want stat overlay, presentation,the works!. I remember in 04 when you would break loose a long run the crowd would go crazy if you were the home team. Even the home field advantage is past tense. I don't know about you guys but don't you think the game should play faster? Not that half speed sprint that they have...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »