Home

Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-10-08)

This is a discussion on Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-10-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-10-08)

Finally got some time in with The Show over the weekend. Unfortunately, I was about 10 games into my RTTS and the power went out, didn't save, etc. Not a big deal, played quite a few exhibition games when the power returned and will start a new RTTS pretty soon.

Trying to finish up the taxes sometime this evening. It seems they get harder and harder to deal with every year. It's beginning to be a PITA.

Good to see the Pistons beat the Bulls, finally. Maybe they just have to play them w/o Sheed. Tay got a little banged up and played well afterwards, maybe the Piston players need to tap his funny bone before every game. Shaq flying through the crowd like Superman was a sight to see, as was Kobe's gaming winning clank.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: How was your weekend, get some good gaming in?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

TheTick (36), jkrat005 (25), bigbuttnugget (18)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
What's up?

I had an up and down weekend, sports wise. Saturday started off sucking with the way my Cal Bears lost to UCLA. It got a hell of a lot better with UNC's win over Dook. Sunday was bad though because my alma mater, UNCW, lost to George Mason in the CAA Semifinals, thus ending their season.

QOTD:

I've already kinda covered how the weekend was. Gaming wise, I did get some quality time in with MLB 08: The Show with my RTTS guy, a 2B in the Yankees organization. I managed to hit for the cycle on Saturday, something I was never able to do in last year's game. Felt great when I got the single I needed in the 9th inning after flying out in my two previous at bats with a chance to get the cycle.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #3
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Whats Up?

Enjoyed the UNC victory over Dook on Senior Night....always nice to have the Dookies lose. Did some more landscaping at the house, next weekend, its time to rip apart the bathroom and renovate.

QOTD: Played The Show as much as my fiancee would let me. Got a franchise going with the hometown D-Rays........oops, i mean Rays. Good stuff so far.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-10-08)

Snow, snow and more snow. Shoveled Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. Our street still hasn't been plowed and it took until about 6 PM last night until we could actually drive on it. Couldn't get to the 3-on-3 tournament I was supposed to play in, which somehow was not cancelled.

QOTD: Being trapped in the house did allow for plenty of gaming. Bought CH 2k8 on my way home Friday and played it a bunch this weekend. I prefer NBA to NCAA in terms of watching basketball, but I really enjoy this game. I think it does a great job of capturing the college game. Played a little Rock Band with the wife, but she busy working on school stuff.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

First...GO HEELS!

QOTD: I finally got some CH2K8 in. Finished up the regular season but was a little disappointed to see I only played 28 games this year. I don't know where I lost the two other games but I'll check on that. I'm right on par with the real life schedule so the Pac-10 Tourney should be fun with USC.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Went to Grand Rapids, MI for a league tournament. We're defending champs of two years in a row. We came up there with two statement games. My team is unique. We have these two older guys who are way past their prime so we start them and allow them to make their mistakes. I'm the garbage man hustling, jumping, and fighting my way through everything in order to get us those leads; a good defensive presence if you will. We came up there humble and left talking cause we blew out both teams by 20.

Looking forward to the last week in March which is the final four and the championship. Should be an interesting bunch because the championship game with the team we're looking to play is stacked with so many good players. They're using up their whole bench of 12 I believe and they run a full court trap the whole game. Only confident. Kind of sucks that the Bulls loss. Also a little sour cause we didn't sign Ben Gordon to that contract in the off season. Going to bite us in the behind.

QOTD: No type of gaming. Had my DS but couldn't find the time to stay awake and game like I wanted too.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #7
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
I spent all weekend playing MLB 2k8. Look for the review on OS shortly.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 62

QOTD:
My weekend was awesome. We went to Orlando to celebrate being done the bar exam. On Wednesday we walked down International Drive to see what there was and ended up going to the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum and finished up with getting the usual souvenir shopping done. On Thursday we went to some small amusement park called Fun Spot, it had Go Cart racing and to my surprise my wife had an absolute blast doing it, more so than myself. That night we went to a performance dinner at a Pirate themed place which was a lot of fun. Friday we spent the day at Universal going between Island of Adventure and the Studio. We could not have picked a better day to go, the weather was beautiful in the afternoon and there were no lines at all. The only time we had to wait was for a ride to reset or a show to start. Perhaps more surprising was that we made money at the park, we did several little questionnaires and market research things including watching a pilot for a game show. Saturday was our last day, we went to view some timeshare place because they offered us $70 just to go, which we weren't going to turn down, and surprisingly once we said we weren't interested they backed right off and let it go. We got back late on Saturday night/Sunday morning and let me tell you, a 9pm flight from Fort Lauderdale to Hartford, CT is much busier than anyone here would expect, but I think a lot of people were being re-routed to Hartford because JFK and Laguardia were shut down from weather.

As for gaming, I got 2 games of NBA 2k8 in yesterday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »